Search This Blog

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Hi again,

This past weekend I had to do some odd jobs in and around the house, like tying up the climbing roses and tightening up the odd loose screw on the light covers. Fixing the handles on the sliding door and fixing the window frames.

Instead of having to carry around a whole tool box to do all these small household jobs I found a multi-tool that I was given as a present was enough to do almost all these jobs.

I have a John-Benzon tool and it has the following tools:

  1. Long nose pliers with wire cutter and a cut out to grip longer objects.
  2. Long bladed knife
  3. Short bladed knife
  4. Bottle opener with large flat screwdriver.
  5. Can opener
  6. A small saw for wood, file on the 1 side and 2½ inch ruler on the other.
  7. Socket attachment for the 3 star point screwdrivers, 3 flat point screwdrivers and 5 hex Allan key set.
  8.  A small chisel point tool
There are many other makes out there such as Leatherman and Swiss army knife.

Some of these have variations to mine, they can come with a small hammer, vice grips or crimping pliers. If you are looking to buy one first find out what tools they have and pick the one most suited to your needs.

Not only has my multi-tool been very helpful for fixing items around the house but it is also useful when we go on outings where someone has forgotten a bottle opener or a can opener. I have used it to cut meat strings and pulling out fishing hooks to doing minor repairs to boats, caravans and cars.

Now days I don’t go anywhere without it, it comes in a handy pouch which attaches to my belt. If you need a do-anything, go-anywhere tool. I recommend a multi-tool. Every man should have one!

No comments:

Post a Comment